In today’s fast-paced and stressful world, anxiety has become a common concern for many people. While there are various approaches to managing anxiety, one natural and holistic option gaining popularity is the use of adaptogens. Adaptogens are a class of herbs and mushrooms that have been used for centuries in traditional medicine systems like Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine. These powerful plants have the ability to help the body adapt to stress and restore balance, making them a promising solution for those seeking natural anxiety relief. In this article, we will explore some of the best adaptogens for anxiety and how they can support your overall well-being. So, let’s dive in and discover the calming power of adaptogens!
Hey are you in a hurry? Looking to banish anxiety and feel good? Then these Ashwagandha Gummies are for you. They boost well-being with Ayurvedic Adaptogen as well as being a natural energy boost, immune system support in lovely raspberry flavour.
As the owner of this website I have hand picked a selection of useful and inspiring product ideas that have not only received great reviews, they are also great value. I receive a small commission from every sale but this does not affect the price you pay. Full Disclosure
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Memory Loss/ Brain Fog
- Joint Pain & Muscle Aches
- Chronic Fatigue
- Headaches & Noise Sensitivity
- Problems with Digestion (Acid reflux, IBS)
- Premature Ageing
If you answered YES to any of the above then you may benefit from the use of Adaptogens.
Contributors to oxidative stress may include (but is not limited to)
- Alcohol consumption
- A diet high in fat, salt and sugar
- Certain Medications
- Exposure to pesticides and certain chemicals
Oxidative stress causes damage to cells which can result in DNA damage and inflammation that over time could cause lead to more serious long term diseases like diabetes, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
The effects of oxidative stress can be reduced or in some cases reversed by eliminating the negative stresses and making positive lifestyle changes to boost your immune function.
- Quitting Smoking
- Limiting Alcohol Consumption
- Eating a healthy balanced diet
- Getting regular exercise
- Eating foods rich in Antioxidants
- Getting more sleep
- Reducing Stress
Antioxidant Rich Foods support us with healthy aging. They also assist in fighting free radical damage and support mental health and proper brain function.
- Kidney Beans
- Sweet Potato
- Bell Peppers
- Dark Chocolate (High Cocoa Content)
Vitamin E and C are antioxidant vitamins that help to lower the risk of serious diseases.
Managing Estrogen Levels
A drop in estrogen levels can cause anxiety and other mood related conditions. Symptoms may appear worse when going through puberty, menstruation or perimenopause.
Adrenaline and Cortisol cause Anxiety and initiate a fight or flight response.
Phytoestrogens contained within certain foods can help to boost Estrogen levels.
- Dark Chocolate
- Cashew Nuts
Licorice Root Extract – Elevate Energy Levels
This Licorice Root extract contains more active ingredient than most brands. Licorice root is renowned for helping concentration, energy levels and raising cortisol. Low cortisol levels can cause anxiety and depression.
Sweet tasting drops.
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nootropics vs Adaptogens
Nootropics enhance cognitive function and can improve memory, focus and mental alertness. They are classed as performance driven supplements to improve brain function.
Adaptogens are typically herbs that target mental and physical stress. They have been used for years within Indian and Chinese traditional Ayurvedic Medicine.
How do Adapatogens Reduce Anxiety?
Simply put they help to control the release of stress inducing hormones. They also manage the body’s processes to help you achieve homeostasis which is sustainability of conditions best for survival.
Adaptogens help you gain a better nights sleep, they also aid recovery of physical activities and boost energy and concentration levels.
Best Adaptogens For Anxiety
- Ashwagandha is a small shrub with yellow flowers native to India & southeast Asia that helps the body deal with stress and anxiety. It may also help enhance physical performance. It has been known to reduce symptoms of mental health conditions. It may also reduce inflammation. Suggested dose 500-600mg per day for at least 8 weeks.
- Rodiola Rosea is a Perennial flowering plant it grows naturally in Wild Arctic regions (Britain, Asia and North America) Increases your body’s resistance to stress. It can work within as little as 30 minutes from consumption. Suggested dose 200mg twice daily.
- Maca Root is a Peruvian plant that is a cruciferous vegetable. It is rich in amino acids that are a good source of antioxidants. They contribute to stress & anxiety reduction. They also boost energy levels. As a guideline 1500 mg suggested dose.
- Turmeric is a perennial herbaceous plant native to India & Southeast Asia. It contains a bioactive compound called circumin that has been linked to treating anxiety and depression. It has been known to boost Serotonin and Dopamine levels. Approximately 1500 mg daily dosage. Split three times a day.
- Adaptogen Mushrooms do not contain any psychoactive substances. Cordyceps, reishi, Shiitake, Lion’s Mane contain stress relieving, hormone balancing, enhancing energy levels, protecting immune system. Suggested dose 500 mg three times per day.
If you are unsure or have any pre-existing conditions please refer to a doctor for medical advice.
You can also purchase blends of Adaptogens that are in powder form that you can mix with other flavours for a better taste; for example the mushroom blend can be drank with Cacao or coffee.
Although for the purposes of anxiety reduction we would suggest not using coffee due to its caffeine content that can enhance the feelings of anxiety. with most powder blends you typically use 1x 5 mg teaspoon per drink
It is also worth noting that you can use the powder blends in soups, curries, pasta and cakes as it can be mixed in or sprinkled on top.
My Adaptogen Best Buys!
|Adaptogens for Anxiety||Description||Price|
100% Organic Lions Mane Mushroom Powder 50g– 32% Beta-glucans – Calm and Focus
|-100% organic lion’s mane (Hericium Erinaceus) mushroom powder of superior quality|
-Rich in secondary metabolites such as Erinacine A which support wellbeing
– May help with mood and focus
– Adaptogen – may help you cope with stress
– Quality checked by accredited independent third party laboratories
|Check price on Amazon|
Ashwagandha Liquid Drops – High Strength 1000mcg – Vegan – 2 Month Supply – 60 Servings – 60,000mg per 60ml Dropper Bottle – Premium Ashwagandha Extract for Fast Absorption – Made in UK
|Ashwagandha Liquid Drops – High Strength 1000mcg – Vegan – 2 Month Supply – 60 Servings – 60,000mg per 60ml Dropper Bottle – Premium Ashwagandha Extract for Fast Absorption – Made in UK||Check Price on Amazon|
Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Maca Powder 1kg
|Four root variety, Yellow, Red, Purple and Black|
A popular choice for those looking for an adaptogen, these are known to help the body better manage its response to stress
Raw – processed at temperatures that never exceed 45 degrees Celsius, as this helps to retain heat sensitive nutrients
100% pure with nothing added, allergen free, certified organic by the UK Soil Association,
|Check Price on Amazon|
Adaptogens really are the way forward
As part of a healthy lifestyle taking adaptogens can make a difference with a few weeks consistent use. The best adaptogens for anxiety are included within this article to make life a bit easier when deciding what to get. Taking adaptogens orally as part of a healthy lifestyle can certainly contribute to a feeling of wellbeing.
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know about your own experience
I would love to hear from you